Monday 5 March 2012

Green Tea


I’m sure everyone has tried a cup of green tea at one point or another. It has shown to be effective for aiding in weight loss, lowering cholesterol levels, and protecting skin from sun damage. But green tea is also used to prevent and treat a variety of cancers, including breast, stomach and skin cancers. There is some evidence that suggests green tea may even be useful in aiding diabetes and heart disease. The National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine (NCCAM) is currently conducting research to learn more about the components in green tea and their effects.

Although I do not enjoy the taste of green tea, I must admit it has its benefits. A family tradition of mine combines green tea, a spoon full of honey and a splash of lemon juice. The combination is soothing for the stomach and throat; it tastes amazing and truly works. I have experienced times when Advil, Tylenol even Ibuprofen do not work for an extreme stomach ache or cramps. But, without a doubt I can always count on this tea combination to make me feel better.

  

So girls, next time you experience those extreme cramps you dread more than anything, mix up some green tea, honey and a splash of lemon juice. Sip and be patient, it works every time.  



6 comments:

  1. I'm usually extremely resistant to taking any kind of medication, but i have to say, the only thing that gets me through the crampy day is some good old IB. Seeing as i have a very sensitive stomach though, I always feel like i'm trading one pain for another. This remedy could solve everything- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to drink green tea cold. Lol, if I ever make you green tea laurel you can assume that I think you are crampy.

    Green tea does taste kinda bitter Sam, I drink it like a shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say you've surprised me with your blog. After your first post I thought that this was going to be a very "new age" blog with healing stones and palm readings. You went in a different direction and I'm glad you did. Your remedies and tips are grounded in reality. I like what you've done here. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Green Tea Rocks!!! Dudes can appreciate this too... I don't need cramps to tell you how much better I feel after drinking it. Oddly enough the most noticeable change for me is how easily it satisfies my junk food craving.

    Thanks Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sam I really enjoy your informational posts. I am not really a tea drinker, but knowing all the benefits you have highlighted I think I'm going to have to disregard the taste. Also, since I do have a sore throat I want to give this remedy a try. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some green teas taste a lot better than others, so I think it's worth trying a few to see what you like best.

    Great blog, Sam. I love learning about natural remedies and things of that nature.

    ReplyDelete