Monday 27 February 2012

Bottling my own Aloe Vera




Today, I took a trip to my grandparent’s house and couldn’t help but notice their extremely large aloe vera plant. As usual my grandmother sent me home with a handful of leaves and I decided to bottle them. I love to bottle aloe because it makes using it much more convenient.






First I had to cut the leaves off of the plant. We cut the oldest leaves meaning the biggest ones and closest to the ground. By slicing them off right at the intersection point you do the least harm to the plant and get the most out of each leaf. Later at home I used a very sharp knife and sliced the leaves in half long ways. I then took a spoon and shaved the inside of each leaf removing all the juices. I was unable to find an appropriately sized jar so I opted for a small plastic container. Now I have a container of aloe juice ready whenever I need to use it. I keep it in the fridge and it should stay good for a couple months.




I will use this aloe juice on my arms and hands for my eczema, on any cuts or scrapes, any zits, canker sores, skin infections, in a drink perhaps and so on and so forth. Try it; it’s worth the sticky mess. 

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea that aloe had so many uses, I've only used it on sunburns. Great post!

    ReplyDelete